I'm passionate about helping fellow athletes understand their fueling needs and using nutrition to maximize performance and promote long-term health.
Ready to get started? Contact me!
Can You Relate?
- Feel confused about what to eat to feel your best?
- Feel unsure how to properly fuel for your sport?
- Have difficulty planning meals or snacks?
- Want help navigating the nutrition information available on the internet?
- Experience chronic fatigue?
- Get sick or injured often?
- Struggle with stomach or gut issues/discomfort?
- Have difficulty building strength or gaining muscle?
- Train hard but fail to see improved performance?
- Feel too tired to complete intended workouts?
- Have a negative or complicated relationship with food?
- Miss menstrual cycles or have decreased sex drive?
Fuel Well to Perform
Proper nutrition can help:
- Increase energy levels
- Speed up recovery after training or physical activity
- Build strength
- Improve power and endurance for your sport
- Normalize sleep patterns
- Reduce frequency of injury and illness
- Improve mental health
- Increase coordination and concentration
- Untangle disordered eating patterns and anxiety around food
"... I wholeheartedly recommend Amity to anyone seeking to improve their health and well-being through nutrition."
"Before I started working with Amity, I struggled with my weight, energy levels, and had an unhealthy relationship with food - particularly carbohydrates. Amity took the time to truly understand my unique needs and goals. She helped me design a personalized nutrition plan that was easy to follow and tailored to my specific dietary preferences. She also provided me with the knowledge and tools to make sustainable, long-term changes to my eating habits.
Amity has been a constant source of support and motivation. She is not only incredibly knowledgeable, but also an excellent communicator, explaining complex concepts in a way that's easy to understand.
As a result of Amity's guidance, I've achieved remarkable progress. I've lost weight, gained more energy, and developed a healthier attitude towards food. I now have the tools and knowledge to make informed choices that benefit my health. My relationship with food has been transformed, and I no longer feel overwhelmed or guilty about what I eat.
I wholeheartedly recommend Amity to anyone seeking to improve their health and well-being through nutrition."
- Jonathan Morgan
"I worked with Amity to time specific weight loss to send my hardest sport route. Not only did she give me some great technical ideas on how to do it, but she was super supportive of my goal. I felt like she was rooting for me and on my team! The plan worked perfectly, and I sent the route almost exactly when we planned."
- Nancy Feagin
"Amity was extremely helpful... I've seen my daily energy levels increase, my training sessions become more enjoyable and effective, and my climbing days last longer with great results."
"Amity was extremely helpful, she addressed the dietary issues I was having efficiently with solid easy to enact solutions. She replaced some long held misconceptions about food with facts that have had an extremely beneficial impact on my climbing and daily life.
When I hit a snag she was very good at helping me work through it. Since implementing the solutions we discussed I've seen my daily energy levels increase, my training sessions become more enjoyable and effective, and my climbing days last longer with great results."
- David Reiman
"Amity is thoughtful and responsive. She draws on her experience of big days in the mountains, as well as her academic experience, to set up an effective nutrition strategy for climbers. I'm psyched we were able to work together!"
"Working with Amity was really helpful in planning for a big multi-pitch objective in RMNP last summer. She helped me come up with ideas for fueling the morning of and during the climb itself. It was nice wrapping a big day of climbing and hiking and still having energy. I was not feeling ravenous and low energy which allowed me to move safely and quickly all day. She also helped me manage protein intake on a day to day basis and we worked through some dietary challenges.
Amity is thoughtful and responsive. She draws on her experience of big days in the mountains, as well as her academic experience, to set up an effective nutrition strategy for climbers. I'm psyched we were able to work together!"
- Leslie Brandt
I will provide individualized counseling tailored specifically to you by taking a deep dive into your current dietary habits, food preferences, activity level, and upcoming goals.
Time: 60 min
Fine tune our approach, troubleshoot any issues that have come up since the initial session, assess progress and adjust as needed.
Time: 45 min
Nutrition is an important part of the performance puzzle! I will help you cater your fueling toward your specific goals over the course of the intake session and three follow-up sessions.
Not ready to book a full appointment? Contact me to schedule a brief conversation to ask any questions you have and make sure I am the right dietitian for you.
Time: 10 min
How It Works
- Send me a message, including a brief description of who you are and your main goals with nutrition counseling.
- If you have any further questions, I'll respond as soon as possible.
- I will send a link to the HIPAA-compliant online platform Healthie, with a checklist including:
- New Client Questionnaire
- Consent to Nutrition Services
- We will schedule a time to meet via video call for an intake session.
- We can schedule follow-up sessions as needed.
- I will be available to answer questions via email throughout the time we are working together.
I look forward to hearing from you!
My nutrition coaching focuses on helping you develop a sustainable approach to fueling that empowers you in your athletic performance and encourages long-term health.
I strive to offer a scientific and strategic approach to fueling that is tailored specifically to YOU - balancing your goals, protecting long-term health, and understanding your lifestyle and preferences. Together, we’ll work to understand your relationship with food, untangle unhealthy influences, and develop sustainable and practical strategies to help you utilize nutrition to optimize your health and performance.
I promise to facilitate a safe, encouraging environment where you can share information without fear of judgment or shame regarding your health and weight history, body image and food-related struggles, along with dietary preferences and questions.
I am a board-certified Registered Dietitian (RDN).
I have a Master's in Sports Nutrition from the University of Colorado in Colorado Springs (December 2021).
In 2022, I completed 1000 supervised practice hours, split between the following organizations:
- Phoenix Suns, an NBA team, assisting the team dietitian in providing performance nutrition support for the athletes
- Kendall Reagan Nutrition Center, an outpatient clinic in Fort Collins with a focus on eating disorder care
- The Vegetable Connection, a nonprofit that helps families access nutritious, locally grown food, provides nutrition education and hosts cooking classes